CMMR 2023 invites the submission of papers related to all aspects of multidisciplinary fields regarding music and computers, in particular, submissions matching this year’s topic “Music: bridge after the turmoil.” CMMR is an open-minded symposium that provides an opportunity to exchange ideas, opinions, and findings for everyone engaged in music and computers from different standpoints. We warmly welcome submissions from researchers, educators, members of industry, composers, performers, software developers, librarians, and others with an interest in music-related topics. This year’s CMMR is basically an in-person conference. All presenters are required to participate in the conference and present their works on site.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- [Special session] Singing information processing
- [Special session] Music as/with pop-culture
- [Special session] Music and Sound Generation: Emerging Approaches and Diverse Applications
- [Special session] Computational research on music evolution
- Audio Signal Processing
- Artificial intelligence and cognitive science for sound and music
- Auditory perception and cognition
- Augmented musical instruments
- Computational musicology
- Cooperative music networks
- Digital Communities
- Digital music libraries
- Evaluation of creative music systems
- Intelligent music tutoring systems
- Live coding
- Mapping and sonification
- Motion and gesture
- Multimodal perception
- Music and emotions
- Music games and interactive learning
- Music information retrieval
- Music interface design
- Music production and composition tools
- Music representation and visualization
- Music structure analysis
- Music transcription
- Musically inspired HCI
- Optical music recognition
- Semantic web
- Sound and architecture
- Sound and music in visual media
- Sound source separation
- Sound synthesis
- User studies (e.g. ethnography, usability of music software)
- Virtual and augmented reality
We are planning several special sessions. The topic of the special sessions can be found here.
The Scientific Program Committee will determine the presentation format (oral / poster) of each accepted paper based on the reviewers’ recommendations. This year’s CMMR is basically an in-person conference. All presenters are required to participate in the conference and present their works on site.
Oral presentations may be broadcasted online, according to the authors’ agreements.
All paper submissions will be peer-reviewed to ensure quality and suitability. Please prepare paper submissions according to the Instructions for Authors.
As in the previous CMMRs, post-symposium proceedings consisting of selected peer-reviewed papers will be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series of Springer Verlag.
Deadline for paper submission:
30 April, 2023, 23:59 (AoE) -> 7th May, 2023, 23:59 (AoE)
Notification of acceptance: 10 July, 2023